Sunday, November 24, 2013

Faith, Renewed

Dear Whoever You Are,
Yesterday a guy that I've known for many years got engaged.  
Our paths often crossed... at college, in the workplace, on social media... and I was consistently befuddled as to why some lucky girl hadn't snatched him up.  He's a great guy: funny, positive and an amazing friend to everyone.  He has a big heart, too.  He puts on an annual dinner/ fundraiser from which the proceeds go to a variety of worthy causes (one of which has been something close to my heart).
Not so long ago, he began a relationship with a woman who I understand he had been friends with for some time.  That friendship evolved over time into something far more and very beautiful.  He held out for his perfect match, and what's more, he proved that what these messages to you have been about is a very real thing and is, indeed, possible.
Their engagement gave me a renewal of faith that you're out there and we'll meet when we should (according to some people, that day is right around the corner *cough* Rachel *cough*).
In any case, congratulations are due to Mike and Tracey on their engagement... as well as my thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment